Wednesday 18 September 2013

Post 4. Pack up your troubles....

Anyone reading this blog as a resource, or information source will likely be interested in this post. The rest of you most likely shan't.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

So I'm starting the process of getting my kit together. Some obvious essentials are already sorted, like the bike for instance!

Whilst she is still due for a wheel true, cable swap and some shiny new bar tape (by way of a departure gift) she is already sporting a new set of colour co-ordinated,  red piped, Schwable Durano S tyres, which are puncture proofed (for this, read "less likely") and slick; but most of all extremely pretty.

On top of that I have riding clothing. As a commuter I have a fair selection of riding clobber for all weathers, thing is though I generally have one of two of everything and with a ride taking in 11 days with no washing facilities en-route... two pairs of shorts isn't going to cut it!

So I am madly scurrying about town picking up shorts, socks, shirts and longs to make up the numbers.

In terms of the stuff I can wear, I plan to take;

  •  8 Jerseys of varying lengths
  • 2 pair of arm warmers
  • 1 pair of leg warmers
  • 1 pair of long bib-tights
  • 3 pairs of bib shorts
  • 2 pairs of cycle shorts
  • 2 wind/shower proof jackets (boil in bag variety)
  • 1fleece, that I hope not to wear
  • 10 pairs of socks
  • 1 pair of shoes (SPD)
  • 3 pairs glasses varying shades (I have multiple glasses instead of  multiple lenses as I tend to loose glasses)
  • 1 helmet
I have a ton of other paraphernalia ranging from external chargers for the Garmin to plastic bags to keep valuables dry. I shan't list absolutely everything as this would be dull even for me but suffice to say...there's a lot of stuff.

<< BACK TO INDEX


No comments:

Post a Comment